Tuesday, February 26, 2013

When You Don't Have Time to Read



I love books. I have lots of books. But I don’t read as much as I would like because I don’t have lots of time. 

My solution? Audio books! I would not be able to experience a fraction of the books I do if I didn’t make use of audio books.  Here are some of my favorite times to listen.

While Exercising

I don’t exercise as much as I should, but when I do, it usually consists of spending time on a treadmill. Exercise time speeds by when I’m listening to a good book.

While Driving

I spend too much time in the car. You probably do too. When I don’t have a passenger with me, I always have an audio book ready.

I don’t have a fancy audio system in my vehicle, so I use this handy portable speaker . The sound quality is great and I can take it anywhere I want to listen.

Around the House

I have recently been having trouble with my dishwasher and have needed to wash dishes by hand occasionally (one of my least favorite tasks). I felt so productive when I realized that I could listen to a book while I work in the kitchen!

My go-to source for audio books is Audible.com. They have an amazing selection and it’s so easy to use. Often, I download a book as I am rushing out the door.

I have been blessed and inspired by the audio books I experience while doing other tasks. It’s a great way to be more productive!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment